In 2010, the UNCG Athletic Department, under the leadership of Director of Athletics Kim Record, developed a strategic plan in an effort to plan for the continued success and future improvement of Spartan Athletics. This plan, The Spartan Way, will guide the department toward our envisioned future and continue to move our program in its pursuit of excellence.
We will build a nationally recognized model for mid-major athletic programs, continuously competing for national championships.
- We operate with integrity, honesty and personal
- We foster academic success and continual learning.
- We win, display good sportsmanship, and play by the rules.
- We are fiscally responsible.
- We collaborate, engage our communities and are committed to quality service to our stakeholders.
1. Athletic Success
All sports will place in the top four of the Southern Conference and compete for Southern Conference Championships.
2. Academic Success
Student-athlete population will be in the top four of the Southern Conference in Graduation Success Rate (GSR) for each sport.
3. Partnership Engagement
Increase our global visibility through various engagement opportunities.
4. Financial Efficiency
Develop financial resources while promoting fiscal integrity.
5. Venue and Space Maximization
Develop and implement a long-range facilities master plan.
6. Promote Professional Development
Professional development for all staff through various mediums.